Monday, March 26, 2007

Rocking out to 'aortic regurgitation'

Sometimes what I think should be really cool news stories just serve to disappoint me. Case in point: doctors at Temple are using MP3s to teach cardiac auscultation. I'm disappointed that this has taken so long to happen (I ripped and encoded my cardiac auscultation CD from 3M that came with my Littmann stethoscope sometime around 2004, and I'm guessing students were doing this as early as ~1996, a few years after the public release of the MP3 format and relatively wide availability of encoders and players), or rather, how long it took faculty to adapt to this new technology. I suppose it makes for an interesting news story, but this really shouldn't be news.

OK, I'm off my soap box for now. Let me know if you think I should keep such blabber off our blog.

No comments: